Job Offer: Junior Market Intelligence Analyst
Eurovent Market Intelligence (EMI) is the European statistics office for the HVACR market, providing each year quantitative and qualitative reports to the manufacturers of this sector. The guiding principle of EMI is to establish a detailed map of the European, Middle Eastern and African market with the participation of the manufacturers in the data collections. We are a team of 3 people, based in Paris, and working closely with two other Eurovent’s structures:
– Eurovent Association: the Europe’s Industry Association for Indoor Climate (HVAC), Process Cooling, and Food Cold Chain Technologies. This association builds bridges between the manufacturers it represents and associations, legislators, and standardisation bodies on a national, regional and international level. While Eurovent strongly supports energy-efficient and sustainable technologies, it advocates a holistic approach that also integrates health, life and work quality as well as safety aspects. With a team of 8 people, the offices are located in Bruxelles, Milan, Prague, Dubai…
– Eurovent Certita Certification: third-party certification body for Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration products. This third-party certification offers the guarantee that products not only comply with the latest standards but also will perform as advertised, helping to optimize the energy efficiency of buildings. With a team of 60 people, the offices are located in Nantes and Paris (with EMI).
As our activity is strongly growing, we are looking for a Junior Market Intelligence Analyst. This new member will work in close collaboration with the rest of the team in every mission of EMI. These missions can basically be classified in three big categories: statistics, commercial and communication. The applicant is supposed to become polyvalent and independent and must be available for business trips in France or abroad.
- Ensure annual and quarterly data collections
- Analyze the results and create market reports based on this analysis
- Identify market trends and niche markets
- Improve the process and increase the added value of the statistics reports
- Participate in working groups with the manufacturers and identify their motivations and interests
- Create prospection database, analyse the market, and search information on the Internet
- International canvassing (phone, e-mail, face to face…)
- Follow up the commercial relationship with our clients and partners; manage price offers
- Participation in exhibitions and business events (mainly in Europe)
Marketing & communication
- Update and feed the public website
- Update commercial leaflets
- Write press releases and manage the relationship with professional magazines
- Communicate during professional exhibitions and meetings
- Prepare invoices
- Manage his/her own expenses notes
- Regular reporting to the team
- Master’s degree in economy, marketing, statistics, or international trade
- Prior experience in analysis, sales, or communication is a plus
- Perfect mastery of English (work language), French, and at least a third language, among which:
- Spanish & Portuguese
- Computer tools: mastery of Microsoft Office, especially Excel (advanced level)
The new Analyst will be trained on every subject linked to the work itself, meaning:
- Data analysis
- Product technicity
- Understanding of the market
- Internal procedures
That’s why young graduates can be accepted. What we really ask for is a personality and some skills adapted to the job, meaning:
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn, because the learning period is quite long (1-2 years) and the activity evolves constantly.
- Real ease with computer tools, in particular, Excel as we use it expertly every day.
- Good people skills: being comfortable getting on with others, listening to people and communicating easily. Don’t forget that sales are an essential part of the job.
- Good analytical mind and ability to summarize, as data analysis is another big part of the job.
- Creativity: we are constantly trying to improve our process and reports according to the market.
- Enjoy travelling because we participate in many international exhibitions (Italy, Germany, Spain, UK, etc.)
- A true sense of humour, as we consider it essential to relieve stress and to ease difficult situations.
- A good level of basic mathematics (percentage, average, etc.) and good mental arithmetic abilities: your level will be tested during the interview.
The position is open from January 2023.
This is a 90% remote position with 2 days in the office per month (Paris 9e).
Restaurant tickets and Pass Navigo are 100% refunded.
Gross salary: 30-33K€/year
For applications, please contact Yannick Cotrelle directly at [email protected]
Eurovent Market Intelligence provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.