Eurovent Certita Certification (ECC) has launched a new programme for Air Cleaners and granted the first certificates to three independent air cleaners with clean air efficiencies for particles, gaseous pollutants, microorganisms and allergens. Clean Air Efficiency classes are presented on a label which allows end users to compare between products.
This new certification programme is intended for all independent air cleaners for both residential and non-residential applications. The process of certification is based on factory audits, random product sampling, and tests according to NF B44-200:2016 for air cleaning performances and ISO 3741:2012 for acoustic performances. These tests are conducted by independent testing laboratories.
Resulting Clean Air Efficiency classes are presented on a specific Efficiency Label titled ‘Clean Air Efficiency’. This allows end users to compare easily between the different independent air cleaners.
Other performances are certified as follows:
- Purified air flow rates for pollutants such as particles, gaseous pollutants, microorganisms and allergens
- Recommended room area
- Sound power level
- Energy consumption
- Air flow rate
For more information, refer to ACL – Air Cleaners programme description or contact the ECC Technical Director Mr Sylvain Courtey (+33 1 75 44 71 40, [email protected]).
Established in 1993, Eurovent Certita Certification is recognised as a world leader in third-party product performance certification in the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration fields. Based on a voluntary approach, its certification schemes are open to all manufacturers and distributors.
ECC offers to consultants, technical design offices, architects, and end users the most complete product database with more than 40 product families covering residential, commercial and industrial applications. ECC works with a network of independent laboratories and agencies located in 44 countries around the world.
ECC is accredited as a certification body compliant with ISO/IEC 17065:2012 standard by COFRAC (Accreditation N°5-5017). This accreditation is internationally recognised by the signatories of the International Accreditation Forum (IAF). The main certification marks currently proposed are ‘Eurovent Certified Performance’, NF, QB, and the European Keymark.
On a market ever more demanding in terms of energy performance and environmental challenges, ECC supplies certified data at a European level and provides the needed confidence.
Certification schemes for residential, commercial, and industrial applications:
- IAQ and Ventilation: Mechanical Ventilation, Air Handling Units, Air Filters, Ducts, Heat Recovery Components, Fans, Air Cleaners, and more
- Thermal Comfort: Radiators, Fan Coils, Chilled Beams, Solar Systems, Chimneys, Chillers, Rooftops, VRF, Air Conditioners, Heat Pumps, and more
- Refrigeration: Heat Exchangers, Display Cabinets, Cooling Towers, Coils, and more
Related documents and links
All related documents and files can be found in the respective sections in the right sidebar.
- ACL – Air Cleaner programme description https://www.eurovent-certification.com/en/third-party-certification/certification-programmes/acl
- List of corresponding products https://www.eurovent-certification.com/en/advancedsearch/result?program=ACL&product_type=ACL&keyword=
- Press Images